All professionals at Kimberly Ann Lucey, MD, PC maintain the highest levels of accreditation and pursue ongoing education to stay abreast of the latest trends in the medical field. Read on to learn more about our staff's experience and training.
Kimberly Ann Lucey, M.D.
Doctor Lucey relocated to Connecticut in 1993, opening her own practice in 1996. She is a Diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology and an active member of the Hartford County Medical Association, the Connecticut Society of Eye Physicians, the Connecticut State Medical Society and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. She practices general ophthalmology with a particular interest in cataract surgery and the medical management of glaucoma.
- 1976-1980 Fairfield University. BS in Chemistry Magna Cum Laude, Minor in Mathematics and Biology
- 1981-1985 Georgetown University School of Medicine, AOA Honor Society Candidate
- 1985-1986 Internship in Internal Medicine at Mercy Medical Center, Baltimore, Maryland
- 1986-1989 Residency in Ophthalmology. Sinai Hospital of Baltimore in conjunction with The Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland.
- 1988-1989 Chief Resident in Ophthalmology
Doctor Lucey has received numerous honors and awards in her almost 30-year career. These include:
- Compassionate Doctor Award 2016
- America's Best Physicians 2015
- 2000 Notable American Women
- Global Directory of Who's Who
- America's Top Ophthalmologists, Specialty Cataract Surgery 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013
I am an Ophthalmic Technician with 3 years of experience, in addition to being a Certified Medical Assistant. I enjoy interacting with patients and performing the advanced testing which is necessary to perform state of the art cataract surgery. I strive to have an efficient work flow and testing accuracy. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with my family.
As I have been employed by the practice the longest, I am the “Jack of All Trades.” I have a BA in Psychology with math minor and a MS in Education Psychology. Billing, patient statements and working unpaid claims are what I do best. When not at the office, I enjoy spending time with my young son and family.
I am a new addition to the practice, having graduated from UCONN with a BA in Biological Sciences. I am also CPR and AED certified. I have a strong work ethic that I hope contributes to the success of the practice. I enjoy the patient interaction and getting to know each patient as an individual. When not at the office, I enjoy weight lifting and hiking.
I am an Ophthalmic Technician with one year of experience, in addition to being a Medical Assistant and EMT. I will be leaving the practice in January 2018 to further my career as a Physician’s Assistant. I thoroughly enjoy working with our patients providing efficient quality care. When not at the office, I enjoy spending time with my dog, Riley, and my family. Riley loves to dress up. Her picture in various outfits has been the office screen saver on many occasions. Below is one of Dr. Lucey’s favorite pictures---Riley sporting her patriotic tutu!
I have been a summer intern with the Practice for the previous 3 years. I developed an interest in Optometry while working alongside Dr. Lucey! I will be graduating from UMASS Amherst in May 2019 and I am currently applying to Optometry school. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time outdoors.