Kimberly Ann Lucey, M.D.
Kimberly Ann Lucey, M.D. graduated Magna Cum Laude from Fairfield University with a major in chemistry and a minor in both mathematics and biology. She then obtained her medical degree from Georgetown University School of Medicine in Washington, D.C., where she was a candidate for the Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Society. She completed her ophthalmic residency at Sinai Hospital of Baltimore in conjunction with the Wilmer Eye Institute, The Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, Maryland. She served as Chief Resident in her final year.
Doctor Lucey relocated to Connecticut in 1993, opening her own practice in 1996. She is a Diplomat of the American Board of Ophthalmology and an active member of the Hartford County Medical Association, the Connecticut Society of Eye Physicians, the Connecticut State Medical Society and the American Academy of Ophthalmology. She practices general ophthalmology with a particular interest in advanced cataract surgery offering astigmastim correcting and multifocal intraocular lens implants and the medical management of glaucoma.
She lives in South Glastonbury with her husband, daughter, and two bichons frises, Snowflake and Cuddles. When not in the office, she enjoys knitting, reading and volunteering at the local animal shelter.
Doctor Lucey has received numerous honors and awards in her career. These have included:
- Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Honor Society
- Candidate for Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society – 1985
- America's Top Ophthalmologist Consumer Research Council - 2006, 2008, 2010, 2013, 2019
- America’s Best Physician - 2015
- Top Doctor- Top Board Certified Ophthalmologist in Enfield, Connecticut 2018
- 2000 Notable American Women
- Who's Who in Connecticut - 1993
- Compassionate Doctor Award - Vitals 2016, 2019
- Global Directory of Who’s Who - 2013
- America's Most Honored Professionals - The American Registry, 2018, 2019
- On-Time Doctor Award 2019 - Vitals, 2019
- Leading Physicians of the World - 2011
- Fellow (FAAO) American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Who's Who Among Rising Young Americans
- Patients' Choice Award - Vitals 2019
- Hartford's Finest - 2019 Profile Series, CTNOW / Hartford Courant
- Patients' Choice Award - Vitals, 2020, 2021
- On-Time Doctor Award - Vitals, 2020, 2021
- Compassionate Doctor Award - Vitals, 2020, 2021
- America's Most Honored Doctors - The American Registry 2020